Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Will you hold my paw?



Matthew 28:20
"And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”


I recently had a litter of puppies whelped here – 3 girls. I named them Faith, Hope, and Charity. This was Journey’s first litter. At first, she was a bit confused and a little worried, but Journey and I have a special bond. I stuck by her and comforted her with soft words and reassuring pets on her head and belly. She watched my eyes closely and listened to my words intently…certain I would not leave her and that I would be with her to help her along the way. I was there the whole time, I did comfort her…and everything went well. Momma Journey continued on to be a wonderful mother and she cared for her precious girls so tenderly.

Sometimes I think we too enter into “uncharted waters” of life, where we look around with confusion, worry, and often fear…fear of the unknown. God, our Good Master, is not too busy to notice, or to care. He’s been there already, with others and with his Son, Jesus, in the garden of Gethsemane. He doesn’t want us to experience these dark places alone. God himself promised “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5, Deut. 31:6). In these dark places, we can look up, catch a glimpse of His glory, feel the comfort of His loving arms, and listen to the small still voice speaking softly in our ear, “I am with you always”. Somehow, someway, we make it through with His tender care and guidance….and we are able to look back and say “We did it!”.

God cares, God is there…just as I cared and I was there for my Journey girl. Thank you, God, for loving us so, and for the blessing of Your wonderful presence at ALL times.

In Christ and covered in dog hair,

Debbie Owczarzak

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is so cute and sweet it makes me want to have puppies!! ( I mean, get puppies, not HAVE puppies tee hee!)

Debbie Owczarzak said...

When I look at all your cute pics of your kids it makes me think I should get one someday!! (and I did mean "get" teehee)